Thursday, March 08, 2007

Why?!?!?!

This weekend, AMC (so very formerly known as "American Movie Classics") is showing Catwoman. More importantly, they keep advertising it like it's something to be proud of. Seriously. I've seen ads all over TVGuide.com. I assume they're just in it for the ad revenue.

To be fair, I haven't seen the movie. I can't say for certain that it is absolute dreck, but I haven't heard anybody say anything good about it. Never. I'm not even certain Halle Berry's attractive visage redeems any part of the movie.

What has poor AMC gotten itself into? Maybe TCM should just buy any remaining good films in AMC's library and put the channel out of our misery.

1 comment:

Icepick said...

My theory is that AMC is hoping to bring in viewers who aren't willing to spend money on it, but are curious if the movies is really as dreadful as they've heard. "Come watch our crap: it's free!"